Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Select the Akeni installation file that matches your operating system and double-click on the file.
- A welcome window will appear with information pertaining to the Akeni product, press the “Next” button to proceed.
- The license agreement will now appear. If you accept the license agreement, select “I agree with the terms of the license” and press the “Next” button to continue. Otherwise, select “I do not agree” and press the “Next” button to exit the installation.
- The installer information window will now appear. Enter the applicable information and press the “Next” button to continue.
- Select the location where you wish Akeni to be installed and where the application data should be stored. Other options include:
- Add shortcut to Desktop – This will add a shortcut icon to your desktop.
- Create Start Menu shortcuts – This will add Akeni to your Start menu list.
- Run this program when Windows starts – This will automatically launch Akeni when you login to your system.
Press the “Next” button to proceed.
- You're now ready to install. The preview window will list the options that you have selected. If you wish to make changes, press the “Back” button. Otherwise, press the “Install” button to proceed.
- Akeni LAN Messenger has now been installed. To complete the process,
press the “Finish” button.
- Depending on the options you selected during installation, you can start Akeni in the following methods:
- Double click on the “Akeni LAN Messenger” icon on your desktop.
- Press the “Start” button on your system tray.
- Select “Programs -> Akeni LAN Messenger -> Akeni LAN Messenger”.
|.: Side Note :.
If during the installation you opted to have Akeni launch automatically, the login screen should be on your desktop already.
- This will launch the Akeni login screen.
- If you wish to login automatically login in the future, click on the “More Options” button and select the “Auto sign-on” option. You can also specify the countdown seconds before the program logs in automatically.
- Enter your user name and click the “OK” button to launch Akeni LAN Messenger.
If you are login into a system for the first time, Akeni LAN Messenger needs to go through some initial setup. Therefore you might encounter one or two messages that you would normally not see in your day-to-day usage of Akeni.
“No Configuration File”
- Every user ID has a configuration file where their specific settings are stored.
- Press the “Yes” button to create the configuration file and launch the Akeni window.
“Network Address Already In Use”
- Check to see if you have another instance of Akeni running.
- If you don't then click on the “More Options” button on the login screen and change the port number.
“Akeni LAN Messenger – New Contacts Added”
- You will encounter this message when you first login and also whenever a new user signs on.
- It will list the people that are currently available to be added as a contact.
- You can remove people from the list by selecting them and pressing the “Delete” button.
- To proceed with the addition of new contacts, press the “OK” button.